Presented by Security Kaizen Labs
July 22 – July 26
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Official CISSP Course
Led by (ISC)² authorized instructors, who are experts in information security, the Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK Training Seminar is the most comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, and covers the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the CISSP exam.
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open ended questions from the instructor to the students, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, and group discussions. This interactive learning technique is based on sound adult learning theories.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify key purpose, benefits, and process of information classification and how it is used to determine Access Control policies and identifying the process for assessing the effectiveness of implemented controls.
- Provide the basic understanding of Telecommunication and Network Security concepts, required components for minimizing security risks, securing channels of communication, and techniques for preventing and detecting network-based attacks.
- Define and apply the Information Security Governance and Risk Management framework including the policies, concepts, principles, structures and standards that are established for the protection of information assets, and how to assess the effectiveness of that protection.
- Explain the details of Software Development Security, including the activities and processes pertaining to the planning, programming, and management of software and systems that manage software including ways to secure applications through design and control interfaces, and assess the usefulness of their application security.
- Identify the concepts within Cryptography, including the terms and application of public and private algorithms, distribution management, methods of attack, and the application, development, and use of digital signatures for authenticity and electronic transactions, and nonrepudiation processes.
- Identify the Security Architecture and Design concepts focusing on the architecture of security systems that provide for the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of organizational assets. Learners will address concepts, principles, structures, frameworks, and standards used in the design and implementation of security requirements of individual components, and enterprise wide systems.
- Identify the key terms and processes of Security Operations and how to protect and control information processing assets in a centralized or distributed environment through the daily tasks required to keep security services operating reliably and efficiently.
- Identify and apply the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning requirements necessary to develop the preparation, processes, and practices necessary to ensure the preservation of the business in case of major disruptions to normal business operations including the project scope and planning, how to conduct a business impact analysis, identify recovery strategies, develop the recovery plan and implement it.
- Define and explain the Legal, Regulations, Investigations, and Compliance concepts of and internationally accepted methods, processes, and procedures used in computer crime legislation and regulations specific to the investigative measures and techniques used to identify the occurrence of an incidence, and the gathering, analysis, and management of evidence.
- Define and apply the requirements necessary for the overall Physical (Environmental) Security processes for the evaluation of physical, environmental, and procedural risks that might be present in a facility, organization, or structure where information systems are stored and managed.
What Do you get?
- Official ISC2 Material.
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
|Who Should Attend?||
The course is intended for students who have at least four years of recent full-time security professional work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)² Certified Information System Security Professional® (CISSP) Common Body of Knowledge® (CBK). The CISSP CBK defines the work experience in architecture, design, management, risk, and controls that assure the security of business environments. The course builds on and brings together the holistic view of the topics covered in the everyday environment of an information assurance professional. Professional experience including the following will greatly enhance the learning environment. Work requiring special education or intellectual attainment, usually including a liberal education or college degree. Work requiring habitual memory of a body of knowledge shared by others doing similar work. Management/supervision of projects and/or employees. Work requiring the exercise of judgment, management decision-making, and discretion. Work requiring the exercise of ethical judgment (as opposed to ethical behavior). Professional writing and oral communication (e.g., presentation). Research and development The specification and selection of controls and mechanisms (i.e. identification and authentication technology, does not include the mere operation of these controls). Applicable job title examples are: CISO, Director, Manager, Supervisor, Analyst, Cryptographer, Cyber Architect, Information Assurance Engineer, Instructor, Professor, Lecturer, Investigator, Computer Scientist, Program Manager, Lead, etc.
at least four years of recent full-time security professional work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)² Certified Information System Security Professional® (CISSP) Common Body of Knowledge® (CBK).
|About Adel Abdelmoneim||
Adel Abdel Moneim, Chief Architect Information Security Services of Raya Integration, has over 17 years’ experience in the IT field. He has spent most of his professional life in the training and consultation field. Over this time span he has achieved many technical certifications from Microsoft, CISCO, CIW, CompTIA, EC Council, EXIN, Guidance Software and ISC2. Being the first to become a Licensed Penetration Tester in Egypt (LPT), it comes as no surprise that Adel has been awarded the Instructor of the year award for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010 from EC Council for the African continent and for Middle East and Africa for the year 2011 and 2012. Adel also acts as a Senior Manager for Raya Information Security Crow (RISC) for Raya International Services Line of Business. CISSP, CCISO, CISM, CEI, CEH, CHFI, ECSA,EDRP,LPT, CCNA Security,CCSI # 30674,CQS,CCDA,ITIL V3,MCSE Security/ Messaging,MCT, MCP+I,A+,NET+,CIW CI,CIW SA,CIW MA,MCTS Forefront Security.